CITY OF OSCEOLA
MUNCIPAL GOLF COURSE
The City of Osceola is currently accepting applications for a Groundskeeper at their 9-hole Municipal Golf Course.
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Mowing rough and surrounding golf course areas with riding tractor and progressive.
- Repair, maintenance, daily cleaning and fueling of tractors and mowers.
- Operation of power equipment such as weed eater, saws, etc.
- Maintains and responsible for tools, weed eater, saws and equipment of department.
- Edging and raking sand traps.
- Keeping grounds clean of debris such as limbs, trash, etc.
- Carry out assigned tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Represent the City of Osceola in a professional manner.
This individual must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid Driver’s License. Previous experience in the operation and use of riding tractors/mowers and grounds keeping equipment a plus. One to three months job related experience and/or training a plus. Individual must have the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and to follow instructions.
Individual must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions including extreme heat, dry and wet. Exposure to strong chemicals and offensive odors will occur.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice for First Public Hearing
A public hearing will be held on February 11th, 2021 at 4:30, at 303 W. Hale Avenue, Osceola, Arkansas for the purpose of determining whether an application for Arkansas Community and Economic Development Program (ACDEP) funds should be developed for the renovation of Old City Hall, in pursuit of the 2040 Community Development Plan and the Local Foods Local Places initiative. Also, comments on proposed project activities will be discussed, especially those with possible impacts on the local food ecosystem, local businesses, and community health.
ACDEP funds are federal assistance received by the State of Arkansas and administered by the Arkansas Economic Development Commission. These funds will be made available to cities and counties according to needs and can be used for housing rehabilitation, community facilities, or economic development, but must address at least one (1) of the following objectives:
- Provide benefit to low-and-moderate income families.
- Aid in the prevention of slum and blight, or
- Meet other community needs, which post a serious, immediate threat to the health or welfare of the community where no other funding is available to meet such needs.
All residents of Osceola are encouraged to attend the hearing and participate in the community development process. The City of Osceola will provide technical assistance in developing proposals by groups representing low-and-moderate income persons.
INVITATION TO BID
The City of Osceola, Arkansas will receive sealed bids for the purchase 2350 Diehl HYDRUS Ultrasonic Meters for the Osceola Water Department.
For more information and specification of product please contact Tim Jones at 870-622-5069.
Sealed bids will be received at the office of the Mayor, located at 303 W. Hale Ave., until 10 a.m. on Thursday, February 4, 2021. At that time, all bids will be opened and read aloud. The City of Osceola, Arkansas reserves the right to increase or decrease the amount or to reject any or all bids and waive formalities what-so-ever. The City of Osceola, Arkansas is an Equal opportunity Employer.
Mayor Sally Longo Wilson
Scheduled for Print Publication: January 18, 2021
JOB TITLE: EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
JOB GRADE: 6
The incumbent under general supervision may operate street sweeper as well as bulldozer, dump truck, backhoe and other comparable heavy equipment in the construction and maintenance of all city streets. Experience in the operation of a commercial street sweeper a plus. Other duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Operate all street department heavy equipment to assist in the construction, repair and maintenance of all streets.
- Assist in preparing sub-grade street patching.
- Assists in cleaning city ditches to ensure proper drainage and the installation of culverts to insure proper drainage.
- Assists other street department employees in a variety of tasks including construction and maintenance of storm sewers, opening ditches, cleaning right of way and loading trucks.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
Individual must a have a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid Class B CDL. Individual must have knowledge in the operation of general heavy equipment. Individual must have the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, the public and to follow instructions. Individual must have ability to lift and carry a minimum of 35 pounds and willing to work in all types of weather conditions. Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens may occur if adherences to safety procedures are not followed. Individual may be required to be called into work on short notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
City of Osceola
P.O. Box 443
Osceola, Arkansas, 72370
INVITATION TO BID
The City of Osceola will receive sealed bids for Utility Wood Poles with the following Specs. :
Quantity of 29, Class 2, 45’ length, Penta treated REA specs and framing. Delivered with a self-unloader truck.
For more information and contract specifications please contact Philip Adcock at 870-622-5072.
Sealed bids will be received at the office of the Mayor, located at 303 W. Hale Ave., until 10 a.m. on Thursday, January 7, 2021. At that time, all bids will be opened and read aloud. The City of Osceola, Arkansas reserves the right to increase or decrease the amount or to reject any or all bids and waive formalities what-so-ever. The City of Osceola, Arkansas is an Equal opportunity Employer.
Scheduled for Print Publication: December 23, 2020
The text and images used for this website are the exclusive property of the creator and reserved for the use of The City of Osceola (Arkansas) Administration. Please, Stop copying copyright protected material.